Blog Submission Guidelines
Do you have helpful information you’d like to share to the Chicago’s Asian American base? We welcome guest bloggers anytime! Our guidelines are outlined below.
What We Accept
- To concur with the theme of ANet Chicago, we are mainly interested in articles about professional/career development, community news/trends, entrepreneurial/business landscape, and other insight of those natures.
- Only original and unique content. This means your post has never before been published anywhere, and does not include any sections taken from a previously published post.
Guest Post Format
- You may submit it in Word or PDF.
- Article Text: Please keep it around 500 words.
- Reserve self-promotion to your ANet Chicago profile (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post). However, you are welcome to include links that direct to your website/blogs within your profile. Please note that we reserve the right to delete links within the posts themselves.
How Do I Submit My Article?
- Use the Contact Us form to upload your post, choosing “blog submission” from the drop-down menu.
- Register an account, if you haven’t already done so. That way your profile, including your photo, will be linked to the blog you submit. You will also use this account to reply readers’ comments.
- Your submission will be reviewed for content relevancy. Once we approve your article, we will proofread it to ensure quality.
- ANet Chicago will not send confirmation of every submission, but we will send you an email if your blog is approved or denied. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have throughout the process.
- You will need to read and answer readers’ comments. Having you, the guest author, answer comments add to credibility and better response.
- You are welcome to promote your post on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. After all, it is your work.
- You should post a link to your guest article on your own blog or website, if applicable, to inform your readers about your article.